Over the years I’ve done all sorts of birthday parties; kids’ parties to 80th birthday celebrations and everything in between. (Well, not a 73rd birthday party – still haven’t done one of those.)
Here are photos from Ann Marie’s 40th birthday party at The Venue in Tacoma recently. Thanks to Jan Domek for the super pictures.
See more photos at my Flickr site.
Learn more about entertainment for private parties at http://www.amazementproductions.com/parties.html or call Jeff Evans in Olympia at (360) 412-5064.
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged 40th birthday party, birthday, birthday party, close-up magic, entertainment, Jeff Evans, magic, magic show, magician, mingle magic, private party, strolling magic, Tacoma, Venue
When you are planning an event, especially a large event, make emergency and contingency plans in case of disaster, illness, or any other emergency.
I’ve mentioned several “lists” in this series of Tips and this is another place where a list can really shine. Have a list of all of the contractors you are working with, their contact information, and their cel phone numbers for that evening. This way if someone is late, there’s a problem with the cake, or anything you can get in touch with someone who can help.
Having your schedule of events and game plan written down makes it a little easier to delegate responsibilities to others if something unexpected happens.
Your contingency plans will vary depending on the particular situation. Here are a few possible scenarios. What if…
- Your associate forgets to bring the LCD projector.
- The weather forecast predicts a windstorm with possible power outages.
- Snow and ice is expected later in the evening. Even if the party begins on time, guests may have difficulty driving home. Do you cancel or ???
- Your guest of honor – and presenter for the evening – is unable to attend.
- You are busy taking care of another emergency and won’t be able to attend.
Stuff happens, and thinking ahead to what might derail your grand affair gives you resources to make the best decisions and ensure that the event is a success.